Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Restricting user access in part of single template
cliffhanger
Hi,
We're using TS6.1. We have a shared template where multiple user groups have write access to different parts of the template. When the template is initialized- I check their usergroup and give appropriae access. Problem begins when they add a replicant, since there's no event to track addition of a replicant, all the fields become editable regardless of which group the user belong to.
Does anyone has any suggestion about how to handle this situation better??
I am thinking of adding onITemChange event for each field, but afraid of the overhead it would cause. Any expert analysis how severe the effect can be on performance?
Thanks
-cliffhanger
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Do you have any hope of being able to upgrade to 6.5? 6.5's FormAPI contains a number of enhancements that should make this much easier for you (check out the webcast that was recorded earlier this week - it's pretty informative about the new features)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
cliffhanger
Thanks fish for the update. Unfortunately we have to deliver this before 6.5 comes out.
I was wondering if someone could help me estimate the system overhead better if OnTemChange is registered for each item.
There are 22 fields in each replicant.
-cliffhanger
Adam Stoller
What do you mean you "have to deliver this before 6.5 comes out"? 6.5 is already out.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
cliffhanger
Sorry fish! I was living in a different world
I wasn't aware of 6.5 release!!
-cliffhanger