Environment- TS6.1 - Solaris 8 server
- MacOS 10.3.3 Client
- Mozilla 1.6
- CCPro UI
Objective- Create a conflict and perform a merge operation
ScenarioI very carefully set things up so that I know all the files I want to merge and if I compare the contents of my second workarea - they do show up as conflicts - so far so good.
However - it does not appear that there is anyway to invoke the merge utility from the CCP UI without attempting to submit the files that are in conflict. Am I missing something here? If not, please let me know - as I think this is bad and will file a FR for it.
So - I proceed to submit one of the files, and sure enough it says there's a conflict - good - and from that window I can go to the Actions menu and select Merge Differences - good.
However, the window that comes up seems to be a 3-way difference, and not set up for performing an actual merge operation. It looks something like this:
+------+------+----+----------+
|Visual|Source|Tags|Properties|
+------+------+----+----------+---------------------------------------+
| [<Previous][Next>] |
+--------------------+-+---------------------+-+--------------------+-+
| |^| |^| |^|
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
..............................|\ ......................................
| | | \| | | | |
| |v| |v| |v|
+--------------------+-+---------------------+-+--------------------+-+
|< >|< >|< >|
+----------------------+-----------------------+----------------------+There's no bottom merged-results window, no Select "New" / Select "Old" buttons - it's just a Diff window (which at least jives with the titlebar in the window which says Differences: filename).
Anyone got any ideas?
Anyone tried merging in TS6.1 yet?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com