Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
preview behaviour in TS6.1
System
On TeamSite, when a preview of a page that has many .tpl (defined in templating.cfg) is done, first it prompts the user to select a .tpl
In TeamSite 5.5.2, it is prompting the user everytime the preview button is clicked
In TeamSite 6.1, it's prompting the user the first time only, next time preview is clicked, it directly preview the page with the previously selected .tpl
Is that the normal behaviour or is it a bug ?
It's annoying to close the template and open it again whenever you want to select another .tpl !
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
It's normal behavior
On the page where you're editing the DCR, next to the "Preview" and "Generate" links, should be a "Form Settings" link, where you can change the TPL and output file.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
LooseCannon
Another oversight by Interwoven...
The 'Form Settings' link isn't displayed when viewing the DCR. So how does a user choose a tpl? I'll tell you how, the user has to select 'Generate’, then select a tpl and then select 'Preview'. Interwoven, how is this logical? Why doesn't the 'Form Settings' link display when viewing a tpl?? I don't get it...
Dwayne
Yes, I would tend to agree that this is an oversite. I can't think of any reason why the "Form Settings" link
shouldn't
be present when viewing, as opposed to editing, a DCR.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Migrateduser
Loose,
The "Form Settings" link is available when EDITING the DCR through the Datacapture Template and I agree that the option should be available when VIEWING, as well. Perhaps changing these options are seen as modifying some default attributes for that DCR and are therefore not available?
Just playing the devil's -- er, Interwoven's advocate.
Dave
Dwayne
Not on my box (TS 6.1.0 SP1, CCPro, W2K3) If I just view (as opposed to edit) I get the "Preview" and "Generate" links, but no "Form Settings."
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Migrateduser
I've got the same environment -- I misstated my response initially and then edited my post. It looks like you posted your response before I finished editing mine!
Dave
Migrateduser
Well...the generic reason for the behavior of the Preview button is to provide a "single-click" preview. Once the tpl has been chosen (either through the preview dialog or the settings dialog), preview assumes that this is the tpl most likely to be used.
As of 6.1SP1, the generate (as well as the settings dialog) has its own preview button, allow the user to "browse and preview" the list of tpls.
--Daniel