Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Configuring OD
Sid1
Hi,
I am using OD6.0.1 and have installed the base server software running on the same machine as the TS 6.5.
I believe that if I wish to deploy files from one directory to another on this machine, I do not need to install the receiver software. The base software does the functionality of both sending and receiving files.
I have configured the odbase.xml file for the 'allowedHosts', which I belive is capable of receiving files from the sender. Another file, odnode.xml specifies the hostname and port.
My question is that if I were to test this using iwodcmd CLT, to deploy files from this same machine to the same machine, where should I specify the source and the target directory for file deployment. I suppose that the 'path name' in the odbase.xml will be target directory, but where is the source directory?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Correct - if you are deploying from/to a BaseServer you do not need (should not be able) to install the Receiver on the same host.
The installation of the BaseServer should have already configured the odbase.xml file such that the BaseServer could deploy to itself, but by default only to the IWOD60HOME/tmp directory.
The installation of the BaseServer should have already configured the odnodes.xml file to contain a definition for BaseServer named "MyLocalHost"
The installation of the BaseServer provides a ready-to-use test deployment configuration file (IWOD60HOME/conf/test.xml) which verifies that the BaseServer can send-and-receive -- in this case it deploys the file(s) within IWOD60HOME/userlib to IWOD60HOME/tmp -- by default there is only one file there (odadapter.jar)
There is no restrictions (other than possibly OS-access restrictions) on what source directoy can be deployed FROM a BaseServer.
The access restrictions are on what hosts can deploy to which target directories on the Receiver (or BaseServer acting as Receiver)
You specify the source and target areas in the deployment configuration files. (look at IWOD60HOME/conf/test.xml and RTFM)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com