Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Moving content from one teamsite to another
System
Hi,
I need to move content from one teamsite server to destination teamsite, we already have some content in the destination teamsite too. Both servers are
5.5.2 (unix). What would be logical way to do so...including the workarea permissions, extended attributes, users etc. can we use iwmigrate, or will it overwrite the existing content in the destination server. We are trying to merge 2 teamsite servers.
Any ideas please reply.
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
Are you merging content into an existing branch on the target server, or will this be a new branch?
If it's a new branch, then I would say that iwmigrate is the way to go. If you're trying to merge the content from the old server in to existing content in the same branch on the target machine, then I don't think that iwmigrate will be of any use to you.
In that case, you could probably use OpenDeploy with the "preserve ACLs" setting, provided you don't need to keep the version history of the files from the source machine.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Migrateduser
Thanks DB,
It will be a new branch, rather new store. Because in the current target server 5.5.2 we have 2 stores and then branches below them. Similiarly the content from the source teamsite 5.5.2 would become a new store. Also I think I have to run iwmigrate on the source server and then copy to destination.....what could be the exact steps involved.
---Cheers
Migrateduser
Hi,
iwmigrate, will it move the extended attributes also ?
How about the users. Do I need to create the users on target servers before or after moving content ?
we have 2 stores on the target server. we would like to add another store from the source teamsite server.
Can u give me exact steps in the process..
Thanks for your help,
vengo
Adam Stoller
There are a lot of documents on the Support site for handling upgrade / backing store conversion - I suggest you start there.
Among the information you will find is the answer to the question about creating the users (you need to do that if they're not already available network-wide) and transferring EAs (yes - iwmigrate and/or iwconvert will do this for you).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Dwayne
iwmigrate, will it move the extended attributes also ?
Yes. EAs are stored in the content store, and so will be moved.
How about the users. Do I need to create the users on target servers before or after moving content ?
If you're using some sort of distributed user scheme (LDAP, NIS, etc) then just make sure that both machines are accessing the same repository. If you aren't (and why not?
) then yes, you should have those users (and groups) created on the new box, preferrably with the same UID/GID. You'll also want to make sure that the users are entered in the appropriate roles file on the new server
we have 2 stores on the target server. we would like to add another store from the source teamsite server.
You should be OK, as long as you're within your licensed limits. Architecturally, TeamSite can support up to eight stores.
Can u give me exact steps in the process..
I don't mind helping people, but I would appreciate it if they attempt to help themselves first. Read them manual, check the support site. Try to do it. If you have specific problems or questions, then come back and ask.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K