Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
HARD Code Generating HTML file path
pratap
HI
When I click on "Generate" option in the DataCapture Template how I can fix my path from the current workarea. I want to enter the html file name. I don't want to drilldown from the workarea. The path from the workarea should be fixed. User simply enter the HTML FileName, the generated html page should saved under
$currentworkarea/$staticpath/ < $filename.html >
regards
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Depending on which version of TeamSite you are using (PLEASE try to include that information in your posts) you might be able to do this with FormAPI code -- I believe it is easier if you are using TS6.5. Alternatively, you do this by removing the Generate button and menu options from your user's view and handle all page generation via either workflow or custom menu item where you (as developer) have more control over how this function operates.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
pratap
My TeamSite version is TS6.0. I know how to do this with using workflow. But my Requirement is with Templates. Can I find any examples how to do this with FormAPI.
Thankx
Adam Stoller
6.0 as far as I know doesn't have the new FormAPI hooks in it for explicitly allowing you to catch preview and generate clicks - I believe they were introduced in 6.5 (check out the recent webcast on FormAPI in 6.5 on this site).
With any release prior to 6.5 you'll probably find it easier to write your CGI script - disable the standard Preview and/or Generate buttons (in 6.x this is done in the templating.cfg file - much nicer than pre-6.0) and add cgi-callouts to your DCT for launching your customized versions of Preview and/or Generate.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com