Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Conversion again
mintymoss
I was wondering if I might ask another question on the tricky subject of conversion. We're looking to upgrade from Teamsite 5.0 to 6.1. I've read a lot of documentation in this area, a lot of which is contradictory. In the 6.X Upgrade Supplement Package which is the most recent set of documentation I can see on the issue there appears to be some authoritative instructions which involve using iwconvert to pull and convert a backing store from a source to a destination server. We're broadly comfortable with this aside from the fact that our source server is running TS 5.0.1 whereas the instructions explicitly state that the source should be at least 5.0.2 SP1.
We'd like to know if anyone has tried and failed with 5.0.1 and what the issues are, and if anyone can't point me in the direction of a diff list for 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 and maybe an install (can't find anything on support site) then we'd be very grateful.
regards
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Contact Support to get a list of diffs if you cannot find the Release Notes for all the various 5.0.1 SPs and 5.0.2 and it's SPs (that's where the changes are generally documented).
I've done a 5.0.2SP1 to 6.1SP1 conversion on Unix - and it went pretty much "by-the-book" -- the biggest issue is using getting all the mount points figured out and likewise all the command line arguments for iwconvert.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com