Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwpt_compile question
Renata
hello fellow iwovers
I've encountered a strange issue ... I think I have seen some discussion on a similar topic but can't locate it ...
anyways I have to use iwpt_compile.ipl to generate one specific type of output file - this file will always have the same name and is used as an include throughout the site. Now, my problem is that when this file already exists it's content is not getting updated correctly ... to make it worse, even if I delete the file, but use the same name, it keeps the old content.
Would anyone have suggestions as to how this may be fixed?
thanks in advance ... ro
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Valentine
umm...
if the file already exists, try using iwregen.
Renata
Good point ... I'll try that.
The problem I can see though is that iwregen would require some system EAs... I guess I can set these on a file when it's first created ...
thanks
Adam Stoller
If you delete the output file and regenerate it using iwpt_compile.ipl and are ending up with old content - double-check your iwpt_compile command line arguments - you might be using old sources (like from a specific edition or workarea rather than from staging).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Lex
We routinely use iwpt_compile to recreate existing files (I was too lazy to use logic to determine if the file had already been generated once) and I haven't experienced the problem you mention at all. Each time I call it the new file is generated with the correct [updated] data.
Darryl Luther
darryl.luther@weyerhaeuser.com
Senior Web Analyst
Weyerhaeuser