Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
ARGV value help
summergs
Hello,
(TS5.5.2, Windows2000)
My ExternalTask is sending three parameters to an IPL. When I iterate through the parameters (via $ARGV[$i]), I am not only getting the parameters that I send, but i am also getting the areavpath and the job IDs. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to stop the additional parameters from appearing in my ARG list?
Thanks in advance!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
You can't, and you shouldn't!
TeamSite always adds these parameters to the command line. (Well, I think you can configure it not to include the attached files as well, but it sounds like you're already set to be that way)
You need, at a minimum, that second added parameter, the task id. Otherwise you'd have no way of telling the workflow engine that your task is finished. Having your script exit is
not
sufficient.
If these parameters are causing your command line parser grief, then I suggest you use something like
"--"
as a signal that your "real" arguments are finished, and that the rest of the arguments are the ones provided by Teamsite.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Edited by Dwayne on 09/02/04 12:18 PM (server time).
summergs
Understood. Many thanks!