Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problem with DD updating existing Oracle Data
jcurry
We are in the process of starting to manage some of our existing Oracle data using TeamSite. We have already written the DCT for the data and configured DataDeploy to update the correct Oracle tables. Now I am in the process of extracting the existing data out of Oracle and creating associated DCR's in TeamSite with the same data. Extracting the data and creating the DCR files was trivial and importing those DCR's in TeamSite was no problem. When I edit one of these imported DCR's in TeamSite I get the correct DCT and I am able to make changes and save them (in TeamSite) without any problems.
The problem I have is when I try to DataDeploy these changes back to Oracle. DataDeploy runs without errors and everything looks correct, but the changes are never reflected in the Oracle database. I don't run into this problem when I use TeamSite to create a brand new DCR (one that is not currently in the Oracle database). New DCR's that are created using TeamSite get added to the database with no problem and subsequent updates to these DCR's using DataDeploy are correctly reflected in the Oracle database.
So here are the scenarios,
Brand new DCR created in TeamSite: DataDeploy correctly inserts the new data record in Oracle. Subsequent TeamSite changes to this data record are correctly updated in Oracle using DataDeploy.
Data record already exists in Oracle: The data is extracted from Oracle and a new DCR is created that reflects this record. The DCR is imported into TeamSite. The DCT is used to make changes to the DCR and the changes are DataDeployed back to Oracle. There are no problems reported in the DataDeploy logs but the data changes are not reflected in Oracle.
Question: Why does DataDeploy not update a record in Oracle if the record already exists in Oracle?
Any help would greatly be appreciated!
Thanks,
John
P.S. I've attached our DataDeploy configuration file for reference.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hi John,
All I could suggest off the top of my head is that it might be related to the entries in the table IWDELTRACKER. When DD deploys content it may be populating records in this table also, in order to keep track of content for when it is deleted. Perhaps DD is getting confused because the data is already in the database, but it can't find matching records in IWDELTRACKER.
This is a bit of a wild stab in the dark as I would have thought that DD would handle this situation OK. But maybe you can prove or disprove my theory by having a look in this table and perhaps some experimentation.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Michael