Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Perl vs. .NET
Ottawa_IWOV
Will Interwoven begin abandoning the Perl API to TeamSite. If so, is it possible to implemenet everything you can with Perl also with C#?
We are looking at using Perl in the short term to validate some design. We have heard that Interwoven will be moving away from Perl. Are some of IWOV's biggest customers using the Perl API. How do they justify this to their highest paying clients.
What are the pain points with implementing C# components. For instance, can I start a workflow, generate a pagem replicate content to another branch, set extended attrbiutes and submit all with C# I would hope these are all part of the CSSDK.
Might someone be able to help me out on this one?
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Valentine
I haven't used the CS SDK, but it is my understanding that all of the functioanlity
is exposed via SOAP.
Theoretically you should be able to use any language with the SOAP bindings (Perl, PHP, Python, C/C++/C#, Java etc).
Migrateduser
Valentine is spot on. With version 6 the preferred API is ContentServices; in version 6.5 the only API is Content Services. Do you have plans to upgrade prior to you stubbing out the customizations?
Best Regards - Bill
Bill Hustad
TeamSite Product Management
Interwoven
gzevin
do you mean you have abolished CLTs and Teamsite perl modules in 6.5?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Good catch and, please let me clarify.
For 6.5, we are not supporting OpenAPI. We do however still support FormsAPI and the Perl Modules are still in place. Your CLT's will work fine in 6.5.
Bill
Bill Hustad
TeamSite Product Management
Interwoven
Migrateduser
The preferred API requires an additional license for the SDK? That's brilliant. Of course, I'm still not convinced that IWOV is sticking with CSSDK. It seems to me the move to it was motivated by the desire to be fully buzzword compliant, just like the move to OpenAPI.
I'm starting to sound like Smitty, here.
Johnny
Well I think this is the next question...
What is the road map for the PERL API's
Also what is the relation to workflow templates (.wft) and presentation templates (.tpl).
Both of these are implemented exclusively in PERL. What do we have to consider for these?
John Cuiuli
gzevin
I will just add a couple of words. I would like to see CS SDK to be opened for perl.
And you're right, at the launch od TS 6 I heard that even at 6.5 there will be no perl in WFTs (or, at least, Java API as well.) however, this looks like too much of work, probably....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU