Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Installation of Teamsite
adshah04
Hi,
I installed Teamsite5.0.1 with Templating.... I have a surprising feeling when I run teamsite and log in as a Master... I cannot see the DEFAULT workareas, branches etc on the screen nor the MENU ITEMS IN THE MENU BAR WHEN I CLICK THE DROP DOWNS. I checked the entries in the iw.cfg, access permissions for the Y: volume drive, and everything seems OK per my knowledge. CAN ANYONE SUGGEST AN IMMEDIATE SOLUTION TO THIS?
APPRECIATE AND THANKS,
ABHILASH
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Have you checked the logs for any unusual entries?
iwovGraduate
What do you mean by "DEFAULT workareas" ? TeamSite installation creates a blank backing store. i.e. it does not create any branches or workareas - execpt the main branch without any workaras.
When you login as master, what do you see instead of "DEFAULT workareas" ?
If you login as any other role than master do you see your workareas ?
When you login your default screen is the "ToDo" list. Did you try to toggle between ToDo view and Workarea view ?
PS: Do you just have a surprising feeling about it or you have actually tried it ?
adshah04
No i donot see any workareas wheni login other than a master. Also, what i mean here is that i should be seeing something like a default->main>workarea->staging...etc as also some menus like 'new branch', 'new workarea'etc when i click the drop downs in the menu list.... I AM NOT ABLE TO SEE ANY OF THESE .... APPRECIATE IF SOMEBODY CAN POINT ME TO THE RIGHT DIRECTION....
THANKS!
Adam Stoller
Unless you created a workarea called "staging" - you should not expect to see default/main/WORKAREA/staging.
Also - as a side issue perhaps - you seem to indicate that you just did this installation - if so, why are you installing an ancient version like 5.0.1 ?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Just a few other things to look for, did you perhaps install a Service Pack for TeamSite but not templating? Did you reboot after installation? Is there anything odd in the log files? I too recommend you move to the most current version of TS5 at a minimum; I think that's 5.0.2 SP1.
lissa
reddyl
I think it might be related to Windows service pack which not suported by TeamSite 5.0.1
sunil_j
What version of Operating System are u using? If Windows 2000 what is the SP (Service Pack Level? if SP4 did you applied the latest SP4 and Sp5 Interwoven Patches...which solved the problem of the visibility of Wrkarea and branches...on Windows 2000 SP4 ?
Technical Consultant
Sydney (Australia)
Adam Stoller
Those Interwoven SP's are for a more recent version of TeamSite - I don't think 5.0.1 (or even 5.0.2 for that matter) support the latest Windows SP's. It might not be what they wanted to hear, but if they're trying to keep their OS up to date - they'll also have to bite the bullet and upgrade their Interwoven products too (and that's not a trivial update - but there's lots of decent documentation available from Support and a plethora of posts on DevNet to help guide them)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com