Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Y: Drive Not Mapping on Reboot
System
We are on TS 5.5.2 SP3 on Windows 2000. We have made no upgrades to our production server for months. We reboot our server nightly. However, this morning, when the server rebooted, the Y drive didn't automatically map. All services are started, but when I try to map the y drive manually (using \\iwserver\iw-mount), it says that \\iwserver\iw-mount is not found. Users can see the login screen but get 'invalid username' whenever they try to log in. We have rebooted numerous times (we had this issue about a month ago and a random reboot seemed to fix the problem).
When we do an iwstat or iwreset -a, we get that there is no server found. There is no helpful information in any system or Interwoven log.
We are currently working with Interwoven support because all of production is down, but after 5.5 hours, they haven't really made any suggestions yet. Does anyone out there have any ideas?
Thanks-
Sherri
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
CHeck you services via control panel. which ones are not running ? Looks like the main server
is not running.
Any thing interesting in the log files ? iwserver..log ?
find files name *.log in iw-home and sort on date. Post any interesting errors you see.
HTH
Andy
Migrateduser
All services are started, but they don't automatically start as they should - I have no problem starting them manually (no errors there).
In the servletd_err.log, I have these often: com.interwoven.api.utility.IWInternalError: unable to obtain entity database; com.interwoven.framework.auth.InvalidAuthenticationException: no session cookie found
which would explain why people can't log in, I guess...
In iw-webd error.log: [Mon May 10 08:11:20 2004] [error] [client 146.126.213.158] couldn't spawn child process: f:/srvapps/interwoven/teamsite/httpd/iw-bin/iwwebd_error.ipl
[Mon May 10 08:11:22 2004] [error] [client 146.126.213.158] (10061)Unknown error: proxy connect to 148.199.226.243 port 8080 failed
Still looking for more...but nothing of note in any of the iwevents, iwtrace, iwserver logs.
Thanks-
Sherri
nipper
The errors you are showing are related to the GUI. But if you are correct & the Y drive never mounted,
the GUI really does not matter.
what is the last part of iwserver ?
Migrateduser
Ok - after doing 20 something reboots since this morning (again, one random reboot fixed it last time), the Y drive finally mapped on reboot and everything worked. If anyone has ideas as to what could cause this problem or if anyone else has seen this, please let me know.
I don't think I know what you mean by the 'last part of iwserver' - do you mean what are the last few lines in the iwserver.log?
Thanks-
nipper
> don't think I know what you mean by the 'last part of iwserver' - do you mean what are the last few lines in the iwserver.log?
yes.
Did you run the diagnostics & send them to IW ? Keep the support call open until you know why the problem happened
(and went away).
One more Q, you mentioned (I think) that you do not have TS automatically start up, why is that?
Andy
Migrateduser
To add to this post, from the first time this problem has happened, it has happened about 2 times per week. We have seen most recently that the Y drive just disappears all of a sudden - if you go to it on the server, you get access denied and when you reboot, the Y drive doesn't map again. The lines from iwserver.log below are a result of an attempted reboot to fix the problem (multiple consecutive reboots have been the only thing to resolve the problem and the number required is variable - it can take over 8 hours of rebooting or it can take just a few reboots for the Y drive to come back). The issue has been escalated to engineering and is getting a good look from support, but I was still hoping to hear from someone else who has seen this problem.
The last few lines from iwserver.log:
[Tue Jun 01 14:20:29 2004] ERROR: iwserver did not come up in 600 seconds
[Tue Jun 01 14:20:29 2004] ERROR: Please look at f:\srvapps\INTERW~1\TeamSite\local\logs\iwtrace.log for more information
[Tue Jun 01 14:20:29 2004] Cannot execute iwserver
To answer your last question, we do have TeamSite set to automatically start - it's just that the Y drive isn't starting when the services start on reboot.
Thanks for any replies/ideas...
Sherri
iwovGraduate
Can you post your iwserver.log ? (or just last few hundred lines if its too big)
BTW, why are you not starting your IW services automatically ?
Migrateduser
We are starting IW services automatically. It's just that the Y drive is not mapping when the services start.
iwovGraduate
I am sorry, I meant asking for iwtrace.log. Any information in there ? Do you mind posting it ?
Adam Stoller
Do you limit the domains to search in your iw.cfg file? - i.e. do you have a domain_list setting under *both* the [iwcgi] and [iwserver] sections of the iw.cfg?
Not limiting the domains is often a cause for timeouts duing startup.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Baeck
I have seen this problem before on 5.0.1, but not on 5.5.2. I believe we tied the random backing store drops to some users performing a certain task within the product, but I can't remember what it was. When was the last time you ran backing store diagnostics (i.e. IWFSCK) on your backing store?
Aaron Baecker
Senior Consultant
Quotient, Inc.
http://www.Quotient-Inc.com
ts_user
Do you know of any domain controller issues? We used to see this error when TeamSite takes a long time to read user/group information from the domain controllers when the server starts. Try limiting the number of domains in your domain_list. Check the ping times to your PDC, BDC to see if they are having any issues.
Thanks.
foxman
Did you ever resolve this problem? The same thing has just started happening to us and I was wondering whether you were ever able to fix it.
Rach55
I contacted support, and they asked me to run iwserver.exe from the command line. When I tried to run it, I received a path error. Some security patches had been installed over the weekend, and I can only speculate that they must have modified the path variable.
I fixed the path error, rebooted and the Y: drive was mapped successfully.
pranav
Hi,
I also had same kind of problem months ago but in that case i uninstalled TS (newly installed) server and installed it again.
Can you get us the command line error(path ) you were getting and exactly which path was creating problem ?
Thanks in advance.
-Regards,
Pranav
Rach55
The error was something along the lines of "could not find file nsldapssl32v41.dll in share path ...." and then the entire path variable was printed. The path that was missing was the sharedll directory, so "<iwhome>\sharedll".