Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to Get logged in user?
hossman1
I'm new to CSSDK but I've been developing on TS for 4 years now. So this maybe an easy question to answer for you CSSDK developers. I am just trying to write a simple JSP that will get the logged in users id/name and display it to the screen in CSSTD in one of the portlets on the homepage.
Can someone point me in the right direction to look or even some sample code that would do this for me?
Thanks,
Dustin
Senior UI Designer
COUNTRY Insurance & Financial Services
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
have you downloaded the CSSDK examples?
There is a portlet that does that.
That stuff is in the CSClient object.
CSClient.getCurrentUser().getName();
John Cuiuli
hossman1
Where can I download the samples from?
Thanks,
Senior UI Designer
COUNTRY Insurance & Financial Services
Johnny
The support site... if you have a developers license you should see a product download section for CS.
link
John Cuiuli
hossman1
Thanks. I will download this samples and see if I can tell what's going on.
Thanks,
Dustin
Senior UI Designer
COUNTRY Insurance & Financial Services
Johnny
That stuff is in the CSClient object.
CSClient.getCurrentUser().getName();
John Cuiuli
hossman1
Ok, this is probably a stupid question but how do I create or setup my CSClient object so that I can assign the current client information to the CSClient object?
Thanks,
Dustin
Senior UI Designer
COUNTRY Insurance & Financial Services
Johnny
Is this a stand alone application?.. If so you'll need to create the object yourself from com.interwoven.cssdk.factory - see the java samples for how to do this.
Or are you extending the content center UI?.. If so there is a session object available for you (iwclient) - see the j2ee samples for how to do this.
John Cuiuli