Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
submitting files
ttriemst
Hello all,
I am new to the world of Workflows, and I am having difficutly trying to configure a workflow. I am trying to configure the default_submit.wft so that after a user generates a file from a template, the generated file would be submitted to the staging area. I have got the workflow working, but it only submits the dcr file, and I would like to inlcude the generated file. Would anyone have suggestions on how to modify the wft so that it includes the generated file as well as the dcr? I am using TS552 on solaris 2.8.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
How are you initiating the workflow? Via New Job (create the DCR within the context of the workflow), via Submit (submitting the modified DCR) or via "tt_data" (job initiated when closing a saved DCR)?
If you do the page generation within the confines of the workflow - you should be able to make sure that after generating the file you attach it to the current task as well (this is assuming an externaltask or cgitask script being used to perform the page generation - which can then use TeamSite::WFtask's AddFile() method).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ttriemst
I was planning on initiating the workflow via "tt_data". From your experience, would you suggest using this approach or using the approach of creating a new job? The reason I was going to initiate via "tt_data" is because the dcr (data file itself) will be changing instead of creating a new dcr when a change is needed. For example, it is not like a job posting where it will be a new job every time. Instead, it would be like having one job posting and then continue to change the posting.
ttriemst
I was planning on initiating the workflow via "tt_data". From your experience, would you suggest using this approach or using the approach of creating a new job? The reason I was going to initiate via "tt_data" is because the dcr (data file itself) will be changing instead of creating a new dcr when a change is needed. For example, it is not like a job posting where it will be a new job every time. Instead, it would be like having one job posting and then continue to change the posting.
(sorry, I replied to myself instead of your posting)
Adam Stoller
tt_data is a reasonable way to go here.
How are you going to be generating the page from the DCR?
- Is there only a single PT to be used or does the user need to choose from more than one possible PT?
- Is the name and location of the output file able to be determined programmatically - or does the user need to supply this information too?
- Once you know the DCR (file attached to job at the onset), the PT, and the output file to be generated, you can construct the command to generate the page and then add that page (or pages) to the workflow so that they'll all be part of the same job.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com