Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Kicking off a wf programmatically
chuckles
I am writing a tool that will create DCRs and then (hopefully) give the user the option of triggering a workflow with all of the files attached automatically. WFSystem::CreateWorkflow doesn't seem to do what I want since if requires a job spec and not a template. There is no TAG_info associated with this workflow, so hopefully that simplifies matters. Any suggestions?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You could create the XML spec for the workflow and then instantiate it via iwjobc (or perhaps a built-in Perl function). Anyone is more than welcome to disagree with me on this and to provide an even easier way around this.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K
Migrateduser
You didn't give version details, but iwwft_compile.ipl is an option. Do
perldoc /iw-home/bin/iwwft_compile.ipl
for details.
chuckles
I am running TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Solaris.
I should have mentioned that this is an interactive CGI tool. The solution I ended up going with was to replicate the File > New Job form elements with the appropriate workflow and files already selected and submit it. That did the trick!