Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
pb running iwjobc
jmd
Hi,
I am getting trouble with execution of iwjobc CLT :
- I have a custom menu item that launches a cgi script which displays a html form; when the user clicks the submit button the script generates a job spec file and runs the iwjobc CLT to instantiate the job but unfortunately I got the following message : "ERROR:02422: No such TeamSite user"
- What drives me made is that if I ran the CLT from command line with the same job spec file then everything works fine !!
- notes :
* current env is TS 6.1 W2K SP4
* this used to work fine in TS 5.02 SP1 (both from cgi script and command line)
* the user is in master.uid file (checked OK with iwckrole)
does anyone face the same issue ? has the CLT changed between 5.0 and 6.1 ? am I missing something ?
thanks for your help,
jmd
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
It's possible that the owner of the process for custom menu items may have changed between the two releases (or changed inadvertantly during the installation/upgrade) such that the user who owns the process is not in the master.uid (or any role) file?
Aer you running the command through the iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
jmd
1st point : I am not quite sure to understand : is it a question or an assumption ?
(the user is in master.uid file as well as the NT user SYSTEM)
2nd point : the command is launched using backticks (`$iwhome/bin/iwjobc -i /path/to/the/spec/file`) and RC = 1
Adam Stoller
Custom menu items are run as a process off the main TeamSite server process - I believe 6.x provides another layer (though I could be wrong) for running all such processes and I'm not sure if this provides the same behavior as in past versions of TeamSite (with respect to the owner of the process).
The iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi can be used to effectively have the command run as-if by the user who is logged into TeamSite (at least this is how it works on Unix - I haven't played around too much with 6.x [or any version, recently] on Windows)
Since the error message is to the effect that the user attempting to run the command is not known to have a valid account in TeamSite - this is where I'd concentrate debugging - perhaps have your script dump the contents of %ENV to a log file (or since it is presumably a CGI - to the browser window) so you might be able to figure out what the USER or USERNAME environment variable is set to)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
jmd
I've already dumped the POST'd data :
- cookies are 'fine' : iw_user, iw_domain, iw_role are correctly set
- %ENV : I have no USER or USERNAME variables - do I have to ?
Adam Stoller
I would think you'd have something in the environment to indicate the user the script is being run by - but I could be wrong; as I said, I haven't done any W2K TeamSite development for a while.
Unless someone else pipes in (and even if they do) - I suggest you contact Support to see if they can assist tracking down the problem (you might have uncovered a bug - or it might be a "user error" that we just haven't figured out as of yet)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
jmd
I finally found this annoying user ! and guess what...OD gave me the answer : I have a second custom menu that invokes an OD script and in OD GUI I was able to track the owner
It appears that the user which runs the CLT is the logon account the customer web server is running as.
To be a little more explicit : in my configuration the web server (IHS = IBM Http Server) is running as DOMAIN\adminIHS; if I add that user in the master.uid file everything works just fine !
PS : thanks for your answers fish