Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Iplanet 6.0 - Server Parsed HTML?
Ninerfan
On Iplanet 6.0 on Solaris 2.8 I have server parsed HTML activated for "All HTML Files". The problem is I don't know what Iplanet considers an HTML file or how it makes that determination. For example .htm and .html both get parsed correctly and include files are inserted before returning final page to vistor. However If I name a page with .asp extention (remember I'm on Unix, long story...) then the SSI tag content does not get inserted. Any ideas?
The issue is that I have .asp files inside my WORKAREAS and they contain SSI tags such as:
<!--#include virtual="/us/includes/left_nav/security.inc"-->
Again if this line was in a .htm or .html file it gets parsed correctly by the Iplanet 6.0 server and in Previewing that file in the workarea the included header content is displayed, but same does not happen for .asp file with same line. I've looked through the Iplanet logs and documentation. All it says is that when you turn on Server Parsed HTML for all files then any "HTML" file will be parsed. How does it decide what is an HTML file?
I'll be impressed and grateful if anyone knows the answer.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet