Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
"Hiding" the templatedata directory
ReggieRWalker
Does anyone out there have any ideas about "hiding" the templatedata directory? I'm having an issue with my clients drilling down into the templatedata directory and deleting DCRs (it was a training issue). Any ideas as to how I could restrict access...without disrupting the use of templating? BTW, I am running TS 5.5.2 on Win2K.
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
Why not just revoke their permissions from this directory? They wouldn't have access to these files then.
ReggieRWalker
Yeah...my thoughts exactly. I just wasn't sure that it wouldn't restrict the users from properly making template changes.
Gregg Faus
If they don't have permission to edit that means they cannot delete which would solve your problem.
Adam Stoller
Is the problem with deleting the files through the GUI or through the file system interface?
If through the GUI - you can remove the ability for certain (or all) roles to have access to the OOTB Delete menu options and/or provide your own custom Delete options that check the location of the file targeted for deletion [and the user attempting to do so] before allowing the operation to proceed.
This way you do not affect the ability of these users to edit DCRs - but you do prevent them from deleting them ... through the GUI.
I don't think there is any way to provide the same kind of protection from the file system interface. If they have access to edit, they'll have access to delete (unless you can separate those two accesses on Windows - I can't remember)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com