Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FormAPI support
herald10
Hi,
Is FormAPI supported on all the browsers? I tested it on IE6 and Netscape7. It seems to be working fine. Just wanted to know if anyone faced problems using formAPI on other browsers.
Thanks
-H
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Lex
I've tested it in SlimBrowser and Mozilla and it works fine. It's just standard JavaScript, so as long as you don't do anything NS or IE specific (and I can't think of an example of either right now) then you should be fine.
Darryl Luther
darryl.luther@weyerhaeuser.com
Senior Web Analyst
Weyerhaeuser
Jeremy
I remember reading somewhere that you needed IE5.5 and above for FormAPI to work.
Here we go...found it in the FormAPI docs found on your server :
iw-home/httpd/iw/help/tst/formapi/formapi_1.html#SEC1
Currently, the FormAPI only supports clients using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5.
Because platform support is expected to widen in coming releases, the documentation for some methods notes browser differences. For the same reason, certain features available in IE 5.5 (notably, JavaScript exceptions) are not used by the FormAPI
This is from a TS5.5.2 install.
Oh, and I am sure they also mean all newer versions of IE too since it works great it IE6.
HTH
Jeremy
Edited by Jeremy on 05/12/04 00:32 AM (server time).
Lex
Yep, standard disclaimer. However, personal experience shows that it's been fine in any JavaScript-enabled browser that I've tried it on. Certainly if you go back to an older browser there may be problems, but I suspect there may be problems with TeamSite in general on older browsers and not just FormAPI. I imagine the best course of action is to thoroughly test everything in any browser you think may be used so that you're not surprised by anything.
Darryl Luther
darryl.luther@weyerhaeuser.com
Senior Web Analyst
Weyerhaeuser
JonathonG
Typically, when IWOV states constrained "support" for something, that simply means that that configuration is all they've formally tested. If you're willing to do testing on your own, you may find that it works in other configurations. However, I would guess that if it quit working, you might get asked to try it on the "supported" configuration.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor