Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Regenerate fails
Lax
Hi,
I am having issues while I try to regenerate a file using the TeamSite interface (Regenerate menu). It hangs when I do this. If I try to regenerate the same file from the commandline using iwregen, it works just fine. Any idea as to why this is happening?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
it may not be necessary, but it would be helpful to tell us what TeamSite version (including Service Packs) you are using. Also if the UI is specific (CC Std, CC Pro, Web Desk, etc).
thanks.
lissa
Lax
Thank you for the response.
We are on TeamSite 5.5.2, SP 5. The interface is not Webdesk. This is the standard interface. I'm not sure whether what it is called.
Thanks
nipper
That is webdeskpro
Can you try webdesk ? Is this for all users or just one ? What JVM do you have ? What browser ?
Lax
This is for all users in almost all workareas. The browser is IE.
Generating a file also fails most of the time. All templates in this specific category and type are failing. Templates in other category are working.
Thanks,
nipper
> All templates in this specific category and type are failing. Templates in other category are working
Well, don't generate those anymore.
It would certainly lead me to believe that the templating.cfg for that section is hosed. Can you post that
section ?
Also, what happens ? A screenshot may help
me
Lax
Great idea! :-)
I have attached a screen shot. It is just a blank window. Here is the relevant portion of the templating.cfg. This file hasn't changed in a while and we have had this problem only the last few days.
Thanks for looking into this.
<presentation>
<template name="GenDesMoines.tpl" extension="htm">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*/Intranet/.*" preview-dir="docroot">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
<template name="GenBoard.tpl" extension="htm">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*/Intranet/.*" preview-dir="docroot">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
<template name="GenSiouxCity.tpl" extension="htm">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*/Intranet/.*" preview-dir="docroot">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
<template name="GenSouthDakota.tpl" extension="htm">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*/Intranet/.*" preview-dir="docroot">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
<template name="GenCedarRapids.tpl" extension="htm">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*/Intranet/.*" preview-dir="docroot">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
<template name="Preview_DesMoines.tpl" extension="htm">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*/Intranet/.*" preview-dir="docroot">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
<template name="Preview_SiouxCity.tpl" extension="htm">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*/Intranet/.*" preview-dir="docroot">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
<template name="Preview_SouthDakota.tpl" extension="htm">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*/Intranet/.*" preview-dir="docroot">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
<template name="Preview_CedarRapids.tpl" extension="htm">
<locations>
<branch vpath-regex=".*/Intranet/.*" preview-dir="docroot">
<directory dir-regex=".*" />
</branch>
</locations>
</template>
</presentation>
nipper
Does it fail for other users or just yourself ?
ALso does preview work
Lax
Preview also fails. It seems to be failing for all users. When the issue started a few days ago, it seemed to work randomly in certain workareas. Now it doesn't work anywhere if you do it through the TeamSite interface. However, iwregen successfully regenerates the file from the command line.
Adam Stoller
Is iwwebd running?
Have you looked at any of the iwwebd logs (/var/adm/iwui/* or IWHOME/local/logs/iwui/*) ?
Did anyone install anything on your TeamSite server that's using port 80 (and thus conflicting with iwwebd)?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Lax
iwwebdb is running. I looked at the servletd log files. I don't think I saw anything unusual. I have attached the zipped files if you would like to look at them.
I have also attached a screen shot of the processes that are using more memory.
Each time I try to regenerate a file, it starts a iwregenhtml.cgi and an iwperl.exe. Since the regenerate hangs, these processes aren't terminated.
Adam Stoller
I'd suggest contacting Support.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Lax
I have done that already. If you think of something else, please let me know though