Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Placing backingsotre on a SAN
rblaust
Using TeamStite 5.0.1 in a Solaris environment I am being asked about putting the backingstore on a SAN. Any general words of wisdom on this? What are the pros and cons?
Thanks
Randy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
whysguy
Hi Randy,
I think this is generally a good idea. When I have implemented it in the past it was very useful for reducing down-time as a result of backups. We reduced our down-time from as many as 8 hours to less than 30 minutes. We accomplished this by doing an iwfreeze, then doing a sync and split (sync the live disk with a secondary disk, then splitting them up again ) , and then backing up the synced drive. This was quite an improvement in up-time for the application.
I hope that helps.
- Billy
Migrateduser
I think another pro is that you have a decentralized backingstore. This means that if your server goes down, and you have a properly configured server as a cold backup, you should be able to get back up and running fairly quickly by pointing to the backingstore on the SAN. Just make sure you have a quick (fiber) connection to the SAN to keep the bandwidth high. Also, you should make sure to adhere to the Interwoven recommended RAID configurations RAID 10 is what I would suggest.
Good luck!
- Jason
jmd
does it work if the TS server is in Trusted zone and the SAN in Secure zone (Trusted and Secure are separated with a firewall) ?
(TS 6.0)