Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Using Inlines to share definitions
bencollins
(Using TeamSite 6.1) I'm having to build a series of dct's which have a common set of fields. I've played with inline and got it working but had to do some weird stuff. Here's an example of the DCT:
<root-container...>
<container...>
...stuff specific to this dct...
</container>
<container name="outer" location="outer">
<inline command="call to perl code">
</container>
</root-container>
My Perl code simply imports the following XML code:
<container name="inner" location="inner">
<item ....>
<item ....>
</container>
What confuses me is
(a) why I have to have two containers, one around the inline and one in the imported XML AND that the outer container does not actually get displayed and
(b) why my own dtd's don't work when I use the inline to create the DCT - the elements within the imported XML are not saved to the DCR, but if I copy & paste the imported file into the dct directly, the saved DCR has all the fields present. In the above example, I would get the DCR saying <outer /> and no <inner> elements at all when using the inline.
Is this all because I'm using undocumented features? I've seen other posts where people say import common elements in this way, and I gather it is quite common practice. I'm pretty new to TeamSite so go easy and I apologise if the answer is really easy....
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I don't think you do need the 'outer' container - have you tried without it?
I'm not sure if 'inline' is supported in non-iwov-style DCTs (I'm not sure they're not - either)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
bencollins
Hi,
Ta for the quick reply.
I do need the outer container - without it the DCT brings up an XML parsing error. If I remove the inner container(s) from the imported XML then the outer one is still ignored and the fields are output into the root container - not how I want the screen to look. I also have more than one container in my common definition and this makes it very messy.
I'm coming to the conclusion that the inlines are not supported in this way either. They are for setting the options list for checkboxes, etc as per the DCT DTD in the manual, but not this usage. Oh well.
Thanks again.