Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Populating task runtime params with asset metadata
WHarrison
Is it possible for a task's run-time parameters to be populated with an asset's metadata?
I am trying to create a task that replaces a Photoshop layer (simple enough) but need to crop the replacing image first. Since the images may differ in size, aspect ratio and content, the cropping values are specific to that asset. I am wondering if there is a way for a task to reference meta-data directly for it's run-time parameters or if I'll need to code this myself.
Any ideas are most appreciated.
War-N Harrison
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
BrianMeek
Hi Warren,
I believe you'll need to code it yourself. That said, this is a fine feature request that we've considered in the past.
How are you defining your crop values within metadata? The most efficient way would seem to be as an integer array with four decimal values. Presumably you would want multiple such fields based upon how you may want a given image to be cropped to support tasks that require different aspect ratios (e.g. "crop_4x5", "crop_4x3", "crop_16x9" etc...).
But in this scenario, a generic function to place a metadata value into a task runtime parameter would call for four separate fields (top, left, bottom, & right). for each aspect ratio. It seems like we may wish to add a special function for storing crop values as metadata and utilizing them within retrieval tasks(along with a nice tool to let users define and store various crop values in metadata for various aspect ratios :-).
I wish I had a canned method to point you at, but I'll certainly take up this discussion with the team. I believe you know how to reach me via email.
Thanks,
-- brian
WHarrison
Thanx for the response Brian. I am storing the crop values just as you have suggested (array of 4 values). Also, as you suggest, each aspect ratio or specific task/layer will need it's own set of crop values.
I shall press on doing this via code. Just wanted to make sure this functionality didn't already exist
Thanx for your help.
War-N Harrison
lyman
Greetings. In a word, "no", there is not a provision to populate runtime parameters with metadata. It is an intriguing idea and it will go into the thought process for future releases. I cannot say that I have heard that idea but I do see the utility.
That being said, of course it should not be tremendously difficult to accomplish via tha API.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
MediaBin Server Team
MediaBin Server Team
Interwoven, Inc.