Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Removing a portlet conflicts with My Favorites
khan
TS6.5, Solaris
Hi,
I'm trying to customize CCStd, and I can remove portlets from column2 fine, but when I try to remove the My Workareas (formerly Content) portlet from column1, the My Favorites portlet doesn't function. The portlet appears fine with titlebar and all, but in the portlet is an error: "An error has occurred while loading the portlet. Please contact your TeamSite administrator." Has anyone experienced this, and if so, how do I fix it?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
Did you check the servletd log for any type of error message being logged?
What platform are you running this on?
khan
Our Teamsite 6.5 server is on a Solaris box, and I'm using a pc myself.
Grundy
I've just observed the same problem in TeamSite 6.1 SP2 w/ patch 1562, running on Windows 2000 Server SP4.
I'm working in a dev environment where the only customization currently in place is removal of the "My Workareas" portlet. This customization caused no problem prior to installing SP2 and the patch. Also, "My Favorites" works fine if I disable the customization. But I was rather hoping that my customizations would carry over through upgrades and such as advertised.
Has anyone found better workarounds for this?
khan
Since we are on TS6.5, that problem was solved when we installed SP1 for TS6.5. Seems it was a bug.
Do you have the refid's in your tags? Meaning:
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.my_favorites.portlet" refid="_iw.ccstd.common.home.my_favorites.portlet"/>
I don't know why, but my customizations in 6.5 worked better with the refid's in. You might get xmlvalidation errors when you run make_toolkit with the refids, but you can ignore those. It'll should build fine.
Grundy
Thanks for the info, khan. Good to know that a fix is already there when we go to 6.5.
Meanwhile, for those curious about how this plays out in 6.1, the bug appears to have been introduced with SP2. Uninstalling patch 1562 did nothing, but uninstalling SP2 restores "My Favorites" w/ the customization still in place. Still trying to make this work w/ SP2 installed, though, because SP2 will supposedly help w/ other issues we've had.
Adding a portlet tag w/ refid for "My Favorites" didn't help, but I'm going to keep experimenting...
Migrateduser
Grundy, I noticed you are in a dev environment on 6.1 spx.
Do you have the option of upgrading to 6.5 now? You can choose not to take advantage of the new search and reporting capabilitie sin 6.5 so to end-users it will look just like 6.1 x; That way you won't have to work around your bug.
just a thought.
lissa
Grundy
Thanks for the suggestion, lissa. Unfortunately we cannot upgrade to 6.5 at this time, because we have many users still on WebDeskPro. We are in the process of having them all retrained for ContentCenter, but it's a long process due to the large number of users, etc. Were it not for that factor, we'd be on 6.5 SP1 already and not even bothering with 6.1 SP2.
But given that we can't upgrade yet and that SP2 may help address some other issues we've seen, I am still eager to find a workaround. I will be opening a support case on this matter, but meanwhile any further suggestions here would be much appreciated.
Grundy
Does anyone know of a way to programmatically access the Favorites list for a given user? From the documentation it appears not, but I wanted to put the question out here just in case.
This is kind of a last-ditch effort toward finding a workaround for the issue described earlier in this thread regarding "My Favorites" dependency on "My Workareas". The thought is that maybe we can write our own "My Favorites" portlet.
So far I've gathered that Favorites are stored in the entity db, in the value of the iw_filesys_bookmark property. But of course this value is encoded, and I don't know how to extract the Favorites...