Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Is it possible that one TPL uses two DCR?
LeslieShen
Is it possible that one tpl file uses two different dcr files? I need to create a template file which contains navigation bar and a list page. The thing is the items of navigation bar also need to change regularity. And this file needs to be only one html file so I can't use frame to implement this.
Can I create one dcr for the navigation bar and the other for the list page, and use one template file to contain both. When navigation bar changes, only needs to modify the dcr related to navigation bar, then every pages will effect including the list page.
So is it possible to implement like this? Or has other solution or idea?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
yes, it is possible to implement this. there are a number of methods, they will depend on the way you implement your navigation, your content, your information architecture, your workflow/business requirements.
but to give you a concrete answer, I, for example, will have to spend a few days doing research/discovery/design sessions.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
pratap
Yes, it is possible. One of the way is read DCR name from the input form(second DCR) and do the DCR parsing in the correspnding TPL .
gzevin
Why are you replying to me?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
LeslieShen
Thanks.
I am trying to do by using iw_load_dcr.