Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
configuration setting
artor
Hi,
I have following scenario in my environment
Sending end base server with firewall and route and on the target end have firewall + receiver server
And both firewalls are in different environment. Below is my configuration
<b>sender end base server</b>
odnodes.xml file contains also the ip address of the target firewall.
odbase.xml file contains the ip address of the target firewall as allowedHost in case of reverse deployment.
<deploymentconfiguration>.xml file contains the target firewall as a localnode host.
Port 20014 opened on firewall
<b>target end receiver server</b>
odnodes.xml contains the ip address of the target firewall.
odrcvr.xml contains the ip address of the target firewall as an allowedHost.
Port 20014 opened on firewall
If I am doing wrong at any place please let me know still I have not applied this but just wanna make sure that everything is correct and I am using OD 6.0 as a Base and OD 6.0.1 as a receiver.
Regards,
A
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Unless something has changed - I'm pretty sure that the Receiver does NOT use the odnodes.xml file - so you can probably ignore that.
Do the firewalls do network address translation (NAT)? If not - then you want to use the hostname / IP address of the actual sender/receiver in your configuration files.
You mention "route" - are you doing a routed deployment? Or are you talking about a point-to-point deployment BS->[FW]->[FW]->R ?
I'd suggest including allowedHost/allowedDirectory entries for both the actual server's IP address as well as the firewall address on both sides.
Unless you turn on strict checking, I believe you could set localNode to whatever you want in the deployment configuration file and use *that* string in the allowedHost section in the server configuration file (without strict checking, it does a string comparison first and only if that fails does it try to resolve the string into an IP address)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Do you have one of the following patches applied to the OD 6.0 base (as described in the OD 601 Release Notes)?
Windows — patch ID 1493
Solaris — patch ID 1494
Linux — patch ID 1495
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
artor
Hi Ghoti,
I mean point to point deployment and route mean internet clouds not the route deployment and as you said localNode in my deployment configuration file i can set sender host name(base server machine) or sender side firewall ip address or target side firewall ip address? and firewall is configured to NAT.
Todd,
I haven't installed the patch on OD base server but it working fine with my other OD reciever on the same network but I will update it.
I applied the above changes but due to port 20014 was not opened on target firewall so i couldn't test it but i will test it tomorrow.
I have one more question if target server has two ip addresses for firewall like two firewall so one is active at a time in case one is down then other will be used as a backup and the firewall ip address is changed automatically, so if I have a deployment configuration file which contains only one ip address of firewall as a local node , so how we can configure our deployment configuration file for two ip address as local node because one ip is down then other ip of firewall would be up or should I use the fully qualified name which maps two ip address and that name need to be defined in deployment configuration file as a local node.
Regards,
A
Migrateduser
As long as the domain name resolves correctly to the active IP address, you should be ok.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
artor
Thanks Todd for your nice feedback.