Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workflow and Locking
frogman
Hi again! More newbie questions...
We are using the Submit locking model - I took a look at the doco and found some technical docs on the support site and can understand the way things are working with one exception:
Files that are attached to the workflow remain writable when submitted by the user who created/edited them. That is correct behaviour under the Submit model I believe.
I am using an external task to attach a file that I then get the user to update via a usertask. This file is in the same workarea but a different (sibling) directory. The file's icon shows it is not locked however, the Edit option is not available. I have set "lock" to "f" on the usertask.
I am confused and any help/advice would be appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Does this user have permission to edit this file anyway ? Check file properties. Did you make this task read-only by chance ?
If the file was created by an external task, then ther perms can be incorrect for another user to edit.
Andy
frogman
Hi Andy,
In file properties:
Owner: Me
Permissions: Groups same for all files
Task is not read only
File created via templating
I am using $task -> AddFile to attach the file.
Very strange!!
Adam Stoller
What path are you providing to AddFile()?
Are you checking the return results from AddFile() or just assuming it's working?
I.e. - the reason the file might not be getting locked may be because it's not really getting added to the task (also, just adding a file to a task will not lock the file in that task - however if a subsequent task is transitioned into and that task has the lock="t" (but you're setting it to "f") attribute set *then* the file should become locked.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com