Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Sorting DCR's in creation date order
mike_jaixen
In several templates, I've used some code in TPLs to sort all of the DCR's in modified date/time order so I can output information with the most recently updated information first. Works great.
I have a new requirement to do this for a template, but in create date order. Being a PERL/UNIX newbie, I saw that $cdate was the next value in the stat command, and thought "gee...this is almost TOO easy..."
Which, of course, it was.
I see Interwoven is tracking the create date of the DCR's somewhere (I can see it in "File Properties") ... but I have no idea how to access it in my TPL, not to mention sort on it. Anybody have any thoughts?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
iwrlog -m foo
will take some filtering
Andy
Migrateduser
Isn't cdate returned by stat?
http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.005_03/pod/func/stat.html
10 ctime inode change time (NOT creation time!) since the epoch
I don't know what Interwoven registers as an inode change. Maybe have a trigger on file create that sets an EA to the create date? or maybe
iwattrib {path} crdate
but that requires a command line invocation (relatively expensive) and some parsing.
nipper
Actually iwatrrib foo cdate looks like it works pretty well. I tried it with a
rename & a touch & multiple versions seems to return the corect info. & it
does not require parsing like iwrlog will
Andy