Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Nested Workflow Transitioning
ReggieRWalker
Env. TS 6.1, Win 2K
In earlier versions, the nested workflow tasks required a manual transition. Is that still the case with 6.1? What I want to be able to do is have a nested workflow "kick off" automatically (immediate="t") and not require any manual intervention.
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I believe it was always the case that wftasks with jobfiles ran immediately - I believe an additional attribute was added in one of the later 5.5.2 SPs (which should also exist in the 6.x versions) that allows you to have wftasks run immediately too
<wftfile v="..."
background="
t
"
/>
This is documented in the iwwf.dtd but not, apparently in the Workflow manual (sigh) - and I don't know, but I would assume that the logic for being able to start immediately (or in the background) would be the same as for a cgitask - which is that it must:
be a start task owned by the job initiator, or
follow a usertask that is owned by the same user, or
follow a cgitask that used TeamSite::CGI_lite::iwcallback()
.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ReggieRWalker
Thanks FIsh