Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Adding Folders and workspaces to WS8 with VB
Ben_inform
Hi,
I need to create an ASP that will create a folder in WorkSite 8.
I then need to set its profile with a few custom fields (validated lookups).
Because its ASP i need to do it silently (i.e. pass all the fields to a routine that will create the folder w/out dialogues. (is that poss?)
I then need to create a WorkSpace in WS8 and create a folder under that and then set the profile on that too. Agina without dialogues.
I know WS8 is all DOT NET but I don't know any dot net languages (or have the IDE for it) so i was wondering if there are any samples in good old VB for doing it.
Thanks,
Ben
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
If you navigate to ..\iToolkit\8.0\SampleAppsFor8.0\SDK80SAMPLEAPP\ you will see two c# files that have the example code which address your questions. They are:
AutoProfileFolderImport.cs -- this class demonstrates how to profile a folder and also import documents to the profiled folder.
UserWorkspace.cs -- this class demonstrates how to create a workspace, add a document folder and a tab to it.
It's in C# but the code is very similar in syntax to VB.
Migrateduser
And if you need to get C# code translated in vb.net here is a link. Simply paste your C# code and it will give you eqviliant vb.net code ( though it does not covert everything - but for most part it seems to do a good job)
http://authors.aspalliance.com/aldotnet/examples/translate.aspx