Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Metagger and Full Text Search
Hamjam
Is there any open source search engine available that can user MetaTagger indexes to perform full text search?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I am not sure I understand your question. MetaTagger is a metadata engine that can use controlled vocabularies to classify documents, recognize elements of a controlled vocab in a doc, preprocess documents to suggest metadata based on certain parts of the doc, apply metadata based on rules, and lot more. There are several ways this metadata can be used with a search engine. For example if the metadata, via a workflow or script, can be inserted as metatags into html docs, many search engines will pick these up. Other search engines have apis that allow metadata to be "injected" into the search engines index files. I am not sure but you can take a look at Lucene from he Apache group here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/index.html
. I believe there are add ons to make it index xml, pdf, etc. so you might be able to make it work.
http://www.interwoven.com/products/content_intelligence/index.html
Edited by Nikko on 05/14/04 08:44 AM (server time).
Hamjam
Hi Nikko
Thanks for the reply.
Rephrasing what I want is, When we create vocabulary using MT studio and test against a test set.. The search results are parts of the document text. So, I assume that Metatagger must be parsing each document and creating indexes for metatags. Can this functionality be used to integrate some search engine. Or in other words I want to use the index created by MT studio that are stored in the internal database.
Is it possible?
HAM