Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
programmatically open/save DCR
nipper
We imported thousands of DB records into XML for TST. However the DCT has a couple more
fields that were not in the initial data (but does have default values)
What I want to do is open and save the 2000 or so DCRs (formAPI is not an issue, I just care
about the missing fields). Since there are 20 or so fields, I could write a fairly complex Perl script
to do massage the data, but that is a pain. Is there a way to commandline open/save of a DCR ?
TS/TST 552 SP4 Solaris 2.8
TIA
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Unfortunately, there is no command line tool to open, programmaticlly alter, and save a DCR. You may want to consider writing a tpl to do this, and run iwpt_compile.ipl over your set of DCRs.
--Daniel
Dwayne
I don't believe that there's a CLT to do what you want. The handling of defaults is done, AFAIK, in the code that populates the HTML sent to the browser, not when the DCR is saved. When the save happens, it's simply writing all of the values from the HTML form - it doesn't know or care if they were default values or not.
So I'm afraid you're probably out of luck. But then, how could having a chance to do some perl coding be a bad thing?
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K