Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Filesystem to XML deployment
deeps79
Hi,
I am trying to deploy the difference of two edition to an xml file.
The deployment configuration file compares the two editions and creates an xml file.
However the xml is not getting generated in the proper format.The file looks like:-
false
..................................
.............................
Why are the {iw_sub_elements} being generated in the xml file.
Any clue ?
Regards,
Deepa
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
deeps79
Hi,
Sorry I copied wrong content..
I am trying to deploy the difference of two editions to an xml file.The command I am using is:-
/app/data/interwoven/OpenDeployNG/bin/iwodcmd start tsxml -k iwdd=multi -k myarea=<edition2> -k mode=differential -k mybasearea=<edition1> -k dumparea=/opt/appl/cheetah/cms -k dumpdir=temp
Where, tsxml is the deployment configuration file.The deployment configuration file compares the two editions and creates an xml file.
However the xml is not getting generated in the proper format when using dcr-type="xml" in templating.cfg .The file looks like:-
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<xml-tuple-data version="2.0.0">
<data-tuple>
<tuple-field name="serviceRawDetail/0/{iw_sub_elements}/13/legalCopy"></tuple-field>
<tuple-field name="serviceRawDetail/0/{iw_sub_elements}/12"></tuple-field>
...............................
...............................
</data-tuple>
</xml-tuple-data>
When I run the deployment on editions created by setting the dcr-type="iwov" in templating.cfg, the file is generated properly like this:-
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<xml-tuple-data version="2.0.0">
<data-tuple>
<tuple-field name="path">templatedata/nextel/serviceRawDetail/data/srd1.dcr</tuple-field>
<tuple-field name="state">Original</tuple-field>
<tuple-field name="serviceRawDetail/0/serviceName">ABC</tuple-field>
.........................................................
</data-tuple>
</xml-tuple-data>
..................................
.............................
I want to get rid of the {iw_sub_elements} being generated in the xml file.
I am attaching the relevant files.
Regards,
Deepa
Migrateduser
dcr-type is only relevant when the source of the deployment is a DCR.
When generating an XML file (xml-formatted-data) using DataDeploy, you are creating an XML dump file that contains the tuples generated from the source data. This dump format is not a DCR and its format is not configurable.
The intent of xml-formatted-data is that a subsequent data deployment can take the XML dump file as input and deploy it to a database.
You can of course use the XML dump file for other purposes too.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
deeps79
The source of deployment is indeed dcr's.
Also, I need to use this dump for data deploy only.
But for that , I need the xml dump in a proper format.
Regards,
Deepa