Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Submit wizard
System
Win2K TS 6.1
When I contribute a templated content thru CCStd, there is a wizard based interface.
I believe that the wizard cannot be customized to add extra steps (i.e. if I want to force the user to generate the HTML when he clicks on 'Next' button).
Since its not possible, is there any way to disable the wizard completely? I dont want the user to submit a DCR without generating an HTML.
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Why not prompt for the information you need to generate the page at the time of workflow instanatiation (anything that you cannot otherwise programmatically / automatically determine) and then perform the actual page generation as part of the workflow process? This is generally better then expecting the user to have performed this operation *outside* the context of the workflow process.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Because the users are used to generating the HTML first and then start the workflow and we are trying to migrate from 5.5.2 to 6.1 with minimal relearning for users.
Adam Stoller
If they generate the pages first in 5.5.2 - then presumably they select the generated page before initiating the submit job - yes?
If so - then they should be able to do the same thing in 6.1 shouldn't they? Generate the page, select the generated page and submit it. No need for an extra step in the wizard - is there?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Exactly.
But the 2 buttons at the bottom of the DCT screen are confusing.
After filling up the DCT, I would assume that Next will prompt me to save the DCR (which it does) and then prompt me to genrate the HTML which it doesn't and directly asks me if I would like to submit the DCR.
I'm happy with the 2 step process of
1)creating the DCR and generating HTML
2)submitting the generated HTML.
I dont need the confusing wizard buttons and want to get rid of it if its not possible customize it the way I want it.
Adam Stoller
Ah - now I understand. I don't have an answer though (haven't played around too much with CCS - and our DCRs are generally created within the context of the workflow rather than the other way around) -- sorry.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Gregg Faus
Removing all the wizard steps is possible with a bit of customization, but it is not supported. I was able to remove the submit and the confirmation step. At this point though, I don't want to post any code since I just went into production over the weekend. I haven't experienced any problems yet, but want to see what happens for a week or so.
Adding a step would be a different story though as there is a JavaBean wizard that controls the state. Which you don't have access to.
Migrateduser
Is it possible to totally remove the 'next' button? Even that is good enough for me.
TIA
Edited by ashish_deshpande on 05/17/04 07:43 PM (server time).
AKB
I am logged in as author using CC Std. If I want to remove the capture metadata part of the wizard before the workflow starts. How do I do it ?
Using pro I do not get capture metadata forms during the submit process (before the workflow starts)
Thanks
Migrateduser
There is a config for this.
See pages 52-53 of the UI Customization Guide:
<b>Eliminating the Tagging Step from ContentCenter Standard Wizards</b>
The default behavior for many ContentCenter Standard wizards is to invoke a tagging (or
metadata capture) screen as their final step before invoking a TeamSite workflow. If existing
workflows already invoke a custom tagging step of their own, this produces a redundant
tagging step for end users. The ContentCenter Standard application can be configured to
have the Import, New Form, Edit, Submit, and Tag Wizards always skip their tagging step
by editing application_custom.xml:
<applications>
<application id="ccstd">
<param id="skip-tag-step" value="true">
</param>
</application>
</applications>
dyun@interwoven.com
PaulW
If you were to get the workflow to perform the generation, it would be different to the way they currently do things. However, you are removing a step not adding any complexity, so you are making it simpler. Maybe you need to convince them their life would be easier if TeamSite automated more of their job for them. Probably an annoying answer for you, but that is what I would do.
hessian
(Windows 2000, TS6.1)
I've done this to application_custom.xml in /iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src/etc/conf/customer/ then rebuilt the webapp using the old "install_webapps.ipl" way and the new "make_toolkipt.ipl" way. Neither way results in the CC-Std wizard metadata tagging step getting disabled. What am I missing? TIA
Gregg Faus
When you run the make_toolkit.ipl script, do you see that your new application_custom.xml file is be copied? To verify look in this directory:
\iw-home\httpd\webapps\content_center\WEB-INF\conf\customer\
Your changes should be in here.
hessian
Thanks for the quick reply.
Must've been a cache problem in Firefox. The thing worked after I switched browsers from Firefox to IE. Bummer... I can't seem to find the Firefox equivalent of IE's "Check for new versions of page: Every visit to page" cache setting.
Adam Stoller
Maybe it's an add-on extension for FireFox - I just took a quick look and didn't see anything definitive but it might be hidden in one of the downloadable add-ons.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Nick_Ayles
Hey, we want to do pretty much exactly the same thing: remove a bunch of wizard-steps on the ccstd Submit. We're on TS6.5. You said you had made this work in a non-supported way, care to share?
:-)
Gregg Faus
I just you the files that I had to modify to remove the workflow and done page step.
Nick_Ayles
Thank you. I have placed the file wizard.js in \iw-home\httpd\webapps\content_center\base\wizard, rebuildt the GUI, done an iw-reset, tried all of the above again with the wizard-file placed in \iw-home\local\config\lib\content_center\customer_src\web\base\wizard, but I still cant make this work. I have removed the tagging-step and that works fine, but none of my changes to the wisard seems to go through. I've even tried to edit the wizard_base.jsp to see if any of the changes got through, but none of this works. Am I missing something?
ccprofessional
Do you see the changes in the merged xml?
TS 6.0 had a slightly different uitk structure for customer code - <uitk>/customer
instead of <uitk>/customer_src
If you upgraded from TS 6.0, the customer directory is still there and make_toolkit.ipl could be reading there.
The above is just a hunch, and It could be totally un-related ;-)
Gregg Faus
I incorporate the changes in the respective war files by unzipping them and rearchiving them. Then I just install the web apps again. If you don't do pre-compilation you can get away with putting them in the content_center app directory as long as you delete the working files out of the servletd directory. There are plently of posts around detailing either procedure (at least the latter).
Nick_Ayles
We made the upgrade to 6.5 from 5.5, so we've never had a customer-directory, only a customer_src. And we have made several changes to the GUI in customer_src, and they are compiled and are working fine, so I dont think that's where the problem lies...
smenon
I just wanted to inform you that we are going to provide an option to disable the submit step in the CC-Std wizard in TeamSite 6.5 SP2. Just like the tag step is configurable today where you can specify whether you want to disable the tag step in the wizard or not, we will provide an option to configure the submit step. In other words, based on the config value you set, the user is taken out of the wizard as soon as he/she is done performing the operation (edit file, new file, edit form, new form, import file etc). You could also choose to still retain the tag step but quit the wizard after the tag step.
However, if the user performed an explicit action such as submit or assign from the CC Std UI, they will be taken through the wizard just as they are today.
I hope that this is what you were trying to achieve and you can avoid hacking a solution.
thanks
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
Nick_Ayles
Sunil,
This is very useful information and I appreciate you posting this.
Are there any dates as to when SP2 will be available?
Thanks
Nick
Gregg Faus
Very much so. I don't like to hack, believe me. It takes me time to do and is painful for upgrades.
I'm looking forward to the solution in SP2. Thanks Sunil.
smenon
I am glad that you find the solution useful. We are looking to ship 6.5 SP2 at the end of August.
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
CountDays.rptdesign