Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FTP Server
artor
Hi All,
I have a requirement to use open deploy in order to deploy content to the Production Server which is like a FTP Server but I can't install the OpenDeploy Reciever software on the production server. So anybody know that can I use the opendeploy base server to deploy content for this situation.
Regards,
Artor
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hi Artor
The FTP adaptor may do what you are after -- check out od-home\solutions\adapter\ftpadapter for more details.
hth
Cheers
Michael
PS: I'm not sure which version this was introduced in, so if you are using something old there is a chance it might not be there, sorry.
artor
Thanks Michael. This is really usefull information for me and this adapter is the part of Delivery Adapter. Thanks once again.
Regards,
Artor
Michael
No worries Artor - glad to help.
I am curious though as to why you wouldn't want to install the OD receiver? Is it perceived as a security risk?
Cheers
Michael
artor
Hi Michael,
This is the requirement of the client because they do not want to take any risk on their production server and don't want any software installed on their machine. That's why I was looking for a solution to invoke FTP Server through base server without the need of reciever software and FTP adapter is a wonderful Solution that you suggested.
Thanks again.
Regard,
Artor
Gregg Faus
artor,
I've been using the adapter for a few months now and it works pretty good. We manage a few websites that we do not host. They don't have to buy a receiver for just one website and worry about installing additional software on a production machine. Usually it is a shared hosting environment so that wouldn't be possible anyway. I have it hooked up for deployment from my workflows so we can host the CMS and their site can still be deployed to a 3rd party.
BTW, I do have a bug (#55306) open with IWOV that affects new directories/files created that are beyond the second level. So just watch out for that.
Migrateduser
Fyi, that bug should be fixed in the upcoming OpenDeploy 6.0.1 release.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com