Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
"New Job" link in CC Std does nothing
Grundy
TeamSite 6.1 (upgraded from 5.5.2 SP5) on Win 2000 Server SP4
client browser IE 6.0
When I click on the "New Job" link in the Tasks portlet in CC Std, my browser refreshes but does not bring up the workflow instantiator. I know that available_templates.cfg is set up correctly because I can start a new job from WebDesk Pro and CC Pro under the same user, role, and workarea.
Has anybody else seen this? Just curious to know about existing bugs and workarounds before I open a support case.
Nutt
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Out of curiosity - do all your configured workflows use the <branch_list> section to determine for which branch(es) a given workflow should be available?
If so - that would explain it - because the New Job link in the Tasks Portlet is like starting a New Job from the To Do List in WDP (i.e. there's no pre-existing branch/workarea context available for the job being instantiated).
I just tried this out real quickly on our 6.1 Solaris 8 server - and it brought up the instantiation form for the only "new_job" type workflow that we have configured *without* a branch_list option.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Grundy
Yep, that was it. I just commented out the <branch_list> section and it worked. Thanks for your help!
I had assumed (quite naively, I admit) that the link would pass along the current branch and workarea selected under Work in Progress or something like that -- after all, being able to specify which templates are available on which branches has always seemed a key feature to me.
Oh well. Guess I'm off to try and create that behavior with a UI customization...
Grundy
In case anyone cares to know, ghoti's observation holds true for the New Job link in the Workflow tab of CC Pro as well -- it knows nothing of the current branch or workarea selected under the Content tab.
Adam Stoller
Take it a step further - as far as I can tell - there is *no* [OOTB] contxt-sensitive "New Job" action available in CCS. Am I missing something? Is this something which can be trivially "activated" via the customization files (it should be OOTB IMO)?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Grundy
If you're missing something, then I am too -- the "New Job" functionality in CCS is essentially missing for us since all of our workflows are branch-specific. I'm guessing the customization probably isn't difficult, but I agree that it should be OOTB.
Migrateduser
i've filed feature request 53567 on your behalf. If you provide me with customer names I can attach them.
Thanks,
David
dyun@interwoven.com