Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
cssdk 2.5 java code for csdemo sample
iwover88
does anyone actually have the java source for the csdemo sample in cssdk 2.5? i didn't get in the j2ee\dev directory? I'm having a hard tim getting this from interwoven support for some reason.
iwover88
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You need to go through support to get access to the software. You can contact
supportadmin@interwoven.com
and they can help you.
I think this link might also work (support login required)
https://support.interwoven.com/esd2/UI_ESDSelImage.asp?ProdID=110579
hth,
lissa
iwover88
I have contacted support and they are taking a long time to get it. I was hoping some of the other users may have it. The link works but I'm not after the cssdksamples package. I already have that. Everybody at Interwoven keeps pointing me to that package for some reason!
The java source is missing for some of the classes. This is a bug in your samples. There is no source code under \cssdksamples\j2ee\demo, you have the classes under WEB-INF etc. I've already raised this with Support.
Thanks anway,
iwover88
iwover88
actually the filepath is ...\j2ee\dev
Johnny
I've gone through the same thing before.
The dev directory you mention is empty.
John Cuiuli
Migrateduser
Hi John,
There is a CSSDK Samples download (cssdksamples.zip) at this location of the Interwoven Support site -
https://support.interwoven.com/esd2/UI_ESDSelImage.asp?ProdID=110578
It is under the Documentation section of this page. The source code is present in this zip file.
Best Regards,
Narendra
iwover88
the link you mention doesn't appear to work. I get a 'SessionID parameter missing' message.
iwover88
Johnny
I just downloaded it again (the link doesn't work correctly - I think you need to log in first)
But I have the same problem, I raised this a while ago (i made a forum post regarding this)
I attached a screen shot showing you the empty directory.
I do remember seeing it somewhere though, so i think there is bad copy and maybe a good copy floating around the support site.
It just hasn't been resolved.
John Cuiuli
Migrateduser
thanks for the screenshot, it helps clarify what might be wrong. I've asked people to look into this.
lissa
Migrateduser
OK, see if this makes sense -
There may be a documentation error in the "quick_install_j2ee.html" file in the zip file. Either that or the packaging structure was changed after the documentation was done. Anyway, the source jsp files are in the j2ee/csdemo folder, and the source java files are in java/src.
Does that work for you?
lissa
Johnny
Hi Lissa,
There are two java demo/samples.
One set is under the /java directory; they are standalone java applications. The source is included in the zip file - these are the files you are referring to.
The second set is under /j2ee directory; they are java J2EE webapp examples (jsps, servlets etc - the kind of stuff you would use to extend the CS UI). These source files are missing. These are the files we are asking for.
If you search the whole archive, you will only see the standalone JAVA samples.
I did remember having once ( when 6.0 first came out) a zip file I downloaded from the support site that had these missing sources files. So they were definitely there once. Only I don't have them anymore.
I do remember that that particular archive had a long folder structure matching that of a teamsite branch. (/default/main/something/WORKAREA/someguy/) . Hopefully that might help.
John Cuiuli
Johnny
Sorry just to make it clearer,
yes the jsp's do exist in /j2ee/csdemo
but it is the java source for the servlets that we are talking about.
the compiled servlets exist in /j2ee/csdemo/WEB-INF/classes
the java source to these were once in /j2ee/dev, but are now missing
The servlets are were all the logic exist... you need them to get the samples.
John Cuiuli
Johnny
Here is the other
thread
John Cuiuli
iwover88
Thanks for making this clear John.
I would just think they could zip up those java source files and send them to us. I've been waiting for a over a WEEK now. Our client project is getting delayed and delayed...i think i must have explained this over and over to the support staff..the client doesn't think much of Interwoven support here.
iwover88
Migrateduser
OK, some folks investigated here at IWOV. We agree some source code is missing from these samples. We will package it up and get it out to folks in the near future.
Let me also give a little background on my responses. We use support for the distribution of product software, to ensure license compliance. That's why I refer people there for downloads an manuals. If you already have the product, and the samples, be sure you post that information....
I'll update everyone when I learn more.
Regards,
lissa
Johnny
Thanks Lissa, we got there in the end!
John Cuiuli
iwover88
Thanks Lissa, this is very much appreicated.
Migrateduser
The source code for the samples is now available on the support site (must have valid login to use the link below):
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=53587
lissa