Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Back button
msdean
In TeamSite 5.x, webdeskpro provided a "back" button which allowed users to go backwards when navigating the file tree. This feature seems to have disappeared in Content Center Professional (version 6.x).
Has this funcitionality disappeared, or am I missing something? It sure would be nice to have this back (there is a button to move up to the parent directory, not quite the same thing).
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
LooseCannon
You're not overlooking anything; it's gone. I've found that the presence is most missed in CC Standard. Get used to using your browsers Back button.
msdean
Thanks for your reply. The browser back button is not working for me. It seems to work for navigation that has occurred in the right-hand pane, but not in the left-hand pane. So it's only somewhat useful (and confusing to a user who does not understand the limitation).
Do you know why it went away?
Migrateduser
Interwoven claimed that a
slew
of customers didn't want or need it anymore. They certainly never ask us about these things...
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
amyboyte
Interesting. So far, no back button and no refresh button have been among our most frequent complaints in usability testing.
Migrateduser
We are doing our production upgrade to 6.1 this weekend. I'm sure we'll experience the same thing next week, especially on the workflow screen when externaltasks are running.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
nipper
So if I hear a blood curdling scream from the Northwest, I know it is Smitty.
Good luck pal.
Andy
Migrateduser
Thanks buddy. I've recently changed focus and am becoming more of a Java developer than anything else. So my attitude is less driven by Interwoven and that has done wonders for my blood pressure. And some of my hair is starting to grow back! OK, it's back hair, but still...
Anyway, I'm sure you've noticed my lack of posts on DevNet - that's because TeamSite is not my #1 priority anymore. I'm handing you your opportunity to pass me on the number of posts list. Make me proud, Grasshopper...
Oh and I heard a nasty rumor that they may cancel the Focus Group again...unreal...
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Now that we have been running 6.1 in production for a while, I've been navigating around the branching/workarea structure in CC Pro and have discovered that using the browser's Back button results in less than desireable results. I have concluded that the Back button is essentially useless as a tool for TeamSite. Way to go, Interwoven.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
gzevin
I already did critisize IWOV for relying on the browser functionality. It simply produces a number of disastrous results
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU