Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
VFT external-editor-config scope ??
System
Hi All -
Note: I'm working with Solaris TeamSite/Templating version 5.5.2 SP4.
I'm working on my first template that's including the Visual Format Toolbar (there are 5 textareas on the one DCT that use VFT). I can get it to come up just fine in the DCT and it performs rather well.
After working with the VFT a bit, I got interested in creating my own style sheet for the VFT to use - so that I can enforce some corporate .css standards. I looked at the documentation and searched quite a bit on Devnet. It looks like the best way to do this is to define an external configuration file for the VFT to read.
After some trial and error, I got this to work. The VFT is now reading from a different configuration file other than visualformatconfig.xml - let's call it customVft.xml. I then pointed customVft.xml to a custom style sheet - let's call it custom.css. That worked too! I now have a test style class showing up in the dropdown of the VFT on the DCT.
Here comes the issue & question:
Not only does the new style class appear in the dropdown of the VFT-based textarea in the DCT in which I defined it, it appears in the VFT dropdowns of all of the textareas on the DCT - even though I didn't declare an external-editor-config for them.
And stranger still - the new style class dropdown choice is now appearing on another DCT on which no external-editor-config declaration is made at all.
So I'm wondering: what is the scope of the externally-configured VFT? Is it possible for the VFT to be configured uniquely for 2 areas on the same DCT? Is it possible for 2 DCTs within the same branch to have uniquely configured VFTs? Can DCTs in different branches have unique VFT textareas? The answer from what I've inferred so far should be yes to all of the above, but it's acting as if once I define an external configuration for the VFT on one textarea on one DCT, I now get the cutom.css Style Class options everywhere.
Ideas?
Thanks much,
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi Again!
I may have figured part out my problem.
At one point, I was testing with the default .css ektnormal.css.
A version of that in-process-of-testing .css was loaded to my local machine and, even though I'd reverted ektnormal.css to its original state on the server and have since rebooted my PC, I was still picking up the old .css from my local machine. I deleted it off my local machine and restarted TeamSite and now I locally have both .css files on my machine: ektnormal.css and custom.css.
I guess this generates another question: how do I ensure that all of the .css files used by DCT users are the more updated and correct ones?
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.