Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Inline callout
tsrookie
Gidday all,
Ive written a script that I call via a callout from a dct that runs when I run it from the command line on the unix box, but it doesn't run when I do 'file new data record'.
<item name="menuTitle">
<label>Secondary Menu Title</label>
<select>
<inline command = "/web/teamsite/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /web/teamsite/iw-home/custom/detir/bin/parseprimarynav.ipl" />
</select>
</item>
The error I get is
An internal problem was encountered trying to create a requirements object for type Navigation/SecondaryMenu.
When I remove this ite the dct works as expected.
Any help appreciated
Thank you
tsrookie
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Hi
Could you attach your script (prasprimarynav.ipl) to a post? Otherwise it is pretty hard to guess why it may not be running correctly.
One small thing, you said that your call your script via a callout -- a callout is different to an inline -- your sample xml illustrates calling your script as an inline -- I presume you aren't also calling it as a callout?
Lastly, you said that your script doesn't run when you do 'file new data record' -- are you sure it isn't running at all? Have you put logging in your script to check?
hth
Cheers
Michael
PS: Are you getting any details in your log files, particularly under iwui?
tsrookie
Hi Michael,
It does run when run from the command line, using the paths as they are in the inline command.
I don't do any logging, I would like to know how. I have attached my script.
As it runs from the command line I think the issue is something else. permissions maybe?
Thanks your help
Colin
tsrookie
Hi,
further to my previous post, I have solved the problem.
It was because of bad data. There was an & in the dcr.
Thank you