Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwdctacleval bug?
System
I would like to use iwdctacleval to increase performance for my users by pre-rendering DCTs (basically invoking any inlines once at design time instead of constantly at runtime). It seems like there is a bug in iwdctacleval that causes the external-editor-inline attribute in the source to be omitted when the XML is written to the output stream - the source file passed to iwdctacleval has this attribute set to f, but the output does not contain this attribute at all. Is this a known defect and is there a workaround?
iwserver: 5.5.2 Build 17976 Interwoven 20030323
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
I'm fairly certain that "f" is the default value for external-editor-inline. So, iwdctacleval is seeing the default value coming in and just not outputting it because it is unnecessary. What happens if you set it to "t" in the source file?
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Migrateduser
Thanks for your response. The datacapture5.0.dtd seems to default to "t":
external-editor-inline (t | f) "t"
But I think the entire system ignores this DTD reference in DCTs because it is invalid (the DTD would have exist in the same directory as the DCT), and I don't think the ability to put an inline tag anywhere in the DCT can be represented in a DTD. I wonder if the system treats DCTs as XML at all - since any validating parser would choke on this, and any parser would allow for entity expansion, etc. I hope they didn't write a proprietary ("XML") parser but somehow I have to conclude that they must have.
If I don't include this attribute at all, my VFEs always appear inline, which is never acceptable to the users. If I change to "t", the attribute still isn't written and the VFE still appears inline. So apparently no matter what I do this attribute is not output by iwdctacleval.
Adam Stoller
The DTDs that ship with the product tend to be "reference" material and not always used for strict XML validation -- often times its because XML / DTDs are too limited in scope for what the product actually supports.
However, in this case it sounds like you may have found a legitimate bug in the CLT (and/or the library behind it) such that it [probably] doesn't recognize the attribute, doesn't flag it as an unrecognized attribute, and doesn't output anything in place of it either. I'd suggest going through Support to see if there is a patch available and, if not, to have it filed as a bug and to see what can be done about acquiring a patch.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com