Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwreset and fcgiwaspc
System
TS 6.1 Win2K
If I restart the TS services using 'iwreset-ui', I get following error in my iw-webd/logs
==================================================
[Tue May 18 11:24:11 2004] [error] [client 10.10.10.33] FastCGI: failed to connect to server "d:/interwoven/teamsite/cssdk/wasp4.5.1/bin/fcgiwaspc.exe": connect() timed out (appConnTimeout=0sec)
==================================================
When I installed TS 6.1, there was some problem with iw-webd service (it didn't get installed as a service). I had to manually install it as a service.
Could this be causing problems for fcgiwaspc.exe to connect to the iw-webd service if its restarted?
Normally, after machine reboot, everything works fine and I'm able to access TS thru browser as well as access CSSDK SOAP server programmatically.
Any help/pointers is appreciated.
TIA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gregg Faus
How did you reinstall the web daemon? Via the install_webd.ipl script?
I had a similar problem with my 6.1 installation because I had the httpd.conf file as read-only and it choked when trying to write to it. This resulted in a failed service installation which I then had to remove the service from the registry, reboot, and run the install_webd.ipl script again.
Migrateduser
I reinstalled the web daemon using the kb article at this link
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=50536
With the reinstalled iwwebd, it spawns a new fcgiwaspc everytime I restart the web-daemon, but it doesn't kill the earlier process.
Can anything be done about this?
TIA
Gregg Faus
Try following the KB article again, but instead of running the command:
"iwwebd.exe -n "iwwebd" -i"
Run:
iwperl c:\iw-home\install\install_webd.ipl
(where c:\iw-home\ is your root)
The first command installs the iwwebd service where the latter installs iwwebd and reconfigures the iwwebd config files too.
Migrateduser
Is it safe to do this? Are there any side effects on the existing system?
I've a system that is running properly except for the problem that fcgiwaspc doesn't get killed when I stop iw-webd (but spawns a new instance when I restart iw-webd leaving the earlier instance as it is).
TIA
Gregg Faus
I can only speak on how to re-install the web daemon a different way. There might be a more direct way to fix your problem, but can't really say what that is.
FYI, I did this on my production system over 3 weeks ago and everything is just fine.
Migrateduser
I tried re-installing the iw-webd service using install_iwwebd.
The service got installed properly, but my problem is still not solved.
I have made a few more observations.
Everytime I restart the iw-webd service, a new instance of fcgiwaspc is started.
After there are 3 or more such instances of fcgiwaspc, I'm not able to connect to the SOAP server.
It gives a '500 Internal Server Error' message to the program.
It shows a connection timeout error in the iw-webd logs.
Can anyone out there please try to restart the iw-webd service couple of times and see is its spawning multiple fcgiwaspc processes?
I've observed this same behavior on 2 installations.
Both the installations are upgrade from TS 5.5.2 to TS 6.1.
TIA
Migrateduser
Ashish,
This is a known problem in TeamSite 6.1 on windows. There is a fix that will go in with the next Service Pack. Till then the work around is to stop webd in the services panel, and kill fcgiwaspc.exe (if it does not go away), and then restart webd service.
For details about service pack release dates, contact Interwoven Support.
Regards,
Narendra
Best Regards,
Narendra
Migrateduser
For reference the bug id is: 53991.
Regards.
lissa