Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Managing two OD servers
System
Hi,
We have two teamsite servers dev and prod. On both of these we have OD base installed. I have just installed Admin Server on dev only.
using this I could do the deployments from dev teamsite. I added production teamsite server through OD Admin UI. But when I go to Manage servers, it shows both dev and production instances. But if I select the prod instance, I am getting the following error.
Permission Denied.
The request to view server configuration was denied.
Any help greately appreciated.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
What version of OD (include patches and service packs as appropriate)?
What platform(s) (include OS versions where appropriate)?
Is the prod server accessed through a firewall that sits between the dev and prod servers?
If so - then that's probably the problem and you'll have to spend a bunch of time looking at the OD manuals with your network folks to make sure you have all the necessary ports open to allow you to administrate the prod server via a dev-side-admin server.
If that's not the problem, then perhaps you didn't set up the permissions correctly via the bootstrap administrator.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Thanks for your reply.
There is no firewall involved. Both are OD 5.6
Differences:
1. DEV has Deploy.bootStrapUserName as someuser, PROD has it as root. If I try to make DEV also as root, even DEV admin UI fails to show its own instance gives "server unavailable".
2. DEV has sp1, prod is just OD 5.6
Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.
Migrateduser
Just forgot to mention, Both are on Solaris 8.
Adam Stoller
I don't have an environment to use for comparison purposes - so, unless someone else chimes in - I'd suggest you contact Support.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
You need to login as the bootstrap user the very first time you attempt to access an OD base server. Then you can add other users who will be allowed to access.
You can have two different base servers with two different bootstrap users defined. But then you have to login as one user to set up access rules for the first base server, and then login as the other user to set up access rules for the other base server.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Migrateduser
You might want to change the bootstrap user from root to someone else that can be authenticated on the dev TeamSite box since OD admin is using the permission on the dev TeamSite box. Restart OD on the prod box to make the user change effective.
Migrateduser
Hi,
As I am not allowed to change any thing on production box, I changed the DEV bootstrapuser to "root" and restarted the DEV.
But when I login to DEV admin,
Servers->Manage Servers it is giving
Permission Denied
The request to view server configuration was denied.
Deployments->Start Deployments
Deployment drop down does not show any list.
Any help greately appreciated.
Thanks,
Migrateduser
Also, stragely the DEV server instance too started showing the error message.
The selected host cannot be contacted at this time.
I have one silly question. Do I need to install AdminServer on the Prod Box also ?
Thanks
John742
You do not need to install the Admin Server in Prod. for everything to work, but it seems to make adminstration easier. If it is development I would want an seperate instance of all services. The permission denied message is almost always due to the user that is currently logged in is not part of the od-admin group. To fix this via the gui (you can also manually add the username to the od-admin.uid file) you will need to first log in as what the bootstrap user was set to on that server and add the users you would like to have admin access. This is done under: user access-->servers. lookup the user you want to have access and add the od-admin role.