Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Does anyone faced problems with solutions_email
navjot
Hi People,
I was just planning to shift my my email tasks to use solutions_email component rather than send_mail component.
Does anyone has any past experiences, good or bad, to share with me. I will really appreciate.
Apart from that, i know that i can have "Approve"/"Reject" kind of buttons directly in email sent out by solutions_email".
I observed that clicking on those buttons still take me to Teamsite CC UI and i have to again say "Ok" or stuff like that? Is there any way i can just click on "Approve" button in an email. Teamsite CC just transition that next to it's successorset and shouldn't throw me a windows with comments to enter. Is that possible?
TIA
Navjot Singh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
tik
The Functionality seems to be great,however some customzation in needed.
I feel its worth the work , you should use it.
Regarding the other part, clicking on those buttons is going to take you to TS screens because it needs to authenticate whether the user is a valid teamsite user. There in no way you can ignore that.
But, you can ignore this: When a user does some action through his/her email(say Approve or Reject etc), if at that point user in not logged to TS system, he gets to enter id+pwd, you can avoid this part, by setting in iw.cfg, by using authenticate=blah!(please check the syntax), rest you GOT to do.
Adam Stoller
If you look back (probably over a year now) through the forums, I believe you may be able to find one or more posts from Smitty wherein he describes a process that he used to make the buttons in the email run javascript to send email to a automatically processed mailbox - the mail processor read in information about the who/what/why/etc. and then performed the appropriate actions on the users behalf with respect to the workflow.
I don't remember the details, but I believe his implementation was on Solaris, which allowed him to use a 'root' script that could assume the identity of the user attempting to perform the action (either that or he didn't care which userid was directly associated with the action as long as the script was run as a 'master' user perhaps).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com