Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Internet Explorer keeps shutting down
ttriemst
Hello,
Has anyone had a problems with Internet Explorer shutting down when using teamsite? Over the past 2 weeks, my Internet Explorer has been giving me a message that says "Microsoft InternetExplorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" and it wants to send a report to Microsoft. I have noticed that this happens the most when trying to do a workflow, but it has happened a few other times elsewhere when using TeamSite. I have not had a problem when I am using my browser for surfing the internet. I have Windows 2000 and am running IE 6.0. Also, I recently added the KB831167 critical update for IE 6.0. Does anyone else out there have this problem?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
What rev of Java do you have ? Try add/remove programs & see. When I have seen issues like this, it is often JVM related
HTH
ANdy
Migrateduser
also what toolbars do you have installed?
Yahoo!
Google
VisualAnnotate
dyun@interwoven.com
ttriemst
My local machine is using JDK 1.4.0_01. I updated this a few months ago, but did not have any problems until recently. I can try installing 1.3xxxx again and see if that solves the issue. Thanks
nipper
You may want to peruse the requirements. I also have seen people with multiple JVMs installed. That
does not work well.
ttriemst
The buttons that I have on the visualFormat are:
cmdcut
cmdcopy
cmdpaste
cmdfind
cmdundo
cmdredo
cmdspellcheck
cmdspellayt
cmdchr160
cmdchr169
cmdchr174
jstm
cmdviewaswysiwyg
cmdviewashtml