Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
another set of VFE woes
System
I have a user complaining about the following. Any suggestions?
The styles constantly need to be reset, this even when copying and pasting the original word document text into notepad and then pasting into Teamsite. The styles need to be set in each cell and then still do not “take”, even after saving and generating the file.
Column widths wrap text when it is not necessary and automatically create the widest column at the end instead of resizing each column according to the text within it. I have to play around with no-breaking spaces, spaces, and text to get the columns to behave as they should. The last column has extra space while the other columns are limited and then have to wrap.
Text appears to take on the stylesheet in Teamsite, this after deleting extra code in the html and applying the styles in Teamsite, and then when the file is saved and generated the incorrect font still shows up. I have repeated this process at least three times and the process repeats.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
my friend, RTF editors, IMHO should provide only the following capabilities:
- italics, boldface, underline
- insertion of URLs
- anchors
- some special characters
- tables (maybe)
the rest should be controlled by a PT and must not be brought into the editor. Yes, Ektron is nice, but, by bringing it into TeamSite, IWOV has broken its own principle of separating content from presentation, and hence you are struggling now....
Usually myself and other developers resort to a module that strips off all this ****, brought in by either Ektron or copy/paste from MS Word....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
> WOV has broken its own principle of separating content from presentation
I agree, but since it's been sold to the business users, I have to at least make an effort to make it workable. I like to run the resulting html through W3C tidy when possible, if just to see the list of complaints.
gzevin
well, that list would bee too long. I repeat - we resort to a sort of a tidy that cleans the code...
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU