Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwupdate return code
keith999
In the workflow, I am using "iwupdate -r -w" command to copy files from one workarea to other within the same branch. However it seems that the command cannot work properly sometimes. In order to handle the update problem, I need to capture the return code of the iwupdate command. What return code will it return except ERROR:00920: Error locating file and ERROR:02007: Error locating destination.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I think this is one of those long-standing bugs/feature requests - for better documentation of error codes and for better diagnostic return codes (actual return codes not just error messages) from CLTs.
I just took a look at the 6.1 CLT manual and this information is still not provided, nor does iwupdate -h provide such information.
So, unfortunately, right now you are left to determine the failure modes yourself and then code accordingly, however in the meantime I suggest you contact Support and have them either (a) do some research to find existing bugs/feature requests to add your company to; or (b) have them file a new bug report on behalf of your company.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com