Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
deployment data reload
swong74
Hallo,
Today I noticed that the IWOV_DEPLOYMENTS wasn't getting updated with data although deployments have been running and I can make queries of data from 5/10 (when it stopped inserting data to the SQL db). I attempted to restart Admin Server to see if it would restart the Event Reporting but somehow it still didn't work. So, I went ahead and restarted everything including the OD service. That worked in that now all current deployments are getting into the db. But now, I have a gap between 5/10 - 5/18. I believe that restarting the service flushed the entries in "View Deployments" ... does that include the db "queue" of past deployments that have not be successfully inserted? I recall that we once had this same problem but at that time a restart of the Admin Service sufficed and OD caught up.
Thanks.
Ciao ?:-)
S. Wong
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
The OD base server or receiver that is publishing the events should be storing them up persistently until the admin server comes back up.
If the database itself is down, I suspect the admin will attempt to update the database and fail. I don't think it will hang on to the event data, hence the gap.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
swong74
but what if the base/receiver server is restarted, does it still store it somewhere then pass it on to Admin once they hook up atain to insert to the db?
I checked this morning and I have a huge gap in the data ... 5/10 14:03 to 5/18 19:07. Where might I be able to salvage the data?
I tested on a smaller scale on 6.0B2 and although I restart base/admin ... it looks like deployments while the db was "down" got written or caught up. Could it be that there's a buffer size limit or something else that happened?
BTW, this production box has two IPs ... one non-routed backup LAN. I doubt that has anything to do with it. At least from last night, deployment data is in the db.
Ciao ?:-)
S. Wong
Migrateduser
The underlying message service for the OD base server or receiver should store the event data persistently to disk. So bringing down the OD base/rcvr should not affect the event data.
After the admin reconnects to the base/rcvr (as a subscriber), the event data should be forwarded to the admin and removed from the base/rcvr's persistent store.
I don't think there should be an issue with the amount of data being stored by the base/rcvr, but your observations would indicate that there may be. You might want to open a case with Tech Support to see whether they can recreate the problem and, if so, whether there's a bug or limitation with the store-forward capability of the base/rcvr.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com