Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwat.exe and DestroyFSE
mcdoma2000
I am trying to set up a trigger on DestroyFSE. I have found a couple of references in the Knowledge Base, particularly #1458 "How to generate events on file create/rename/modify." It says to add log_createfse=on, log_destroyfse=on, or log_renamefse=on, in the iw.cfg file. It also notes that these entries were undocumented as of December 1999.
The thing that worries me is that its date is December 28, 1999. We are using TeamSite 6.5. I have tried using iwat.exe to set up a script to be run for DestroyFSE, but it doesn't appear to be called. I have NOT followed KB1458 because of its date. I can get results for creating an edition from this:
iwat PublishStagingArea "e:/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl e:/iw-home/local/bin/pubtrigger.ipl"
But for this:
iwat DestroyFSE "e:/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl e:/iw-home/local/bin/destroy_event_handler.ipl"
doesn't get called.
Does anyone have any ideas about this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I believe you still need those entries in the iw.cfg file and you still need to run iwreset after having made those changes - however, given that 6.5 makes much more use of the event subsystem it would probably be worthwhile for you to open a case with Support. If those entries are still what is needed they should open a Doc Bug regarding it - if some other configuration change is needed they should open up a Doc Bug to make sure it gets documented in the next SP. If the system doesn't provide for that functionality anymore then you probably have a product Bug that needs to be escalated up to engineering.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
mcdoma2000
When I make the change to the iw.cfg file, it works and calls my script.
I made an error in the name of the script to be called, and am unable to change the script. I call iwat.exe with the appropriate parameters like before, run iwreset and iwreset -ui, but the original entry get's called. Any ideas on THIS one?
I will open a case as suggested in your previous message.
Adam Stoller
Try using iwlsat to list all your iwat trigger operations and iwrmat to remove the erroneous one.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com